Monday, December 22, 2008

First post

Today, I discovered this blog. I created it back in in 2001, but deserted it after about 2 1/2 posts.

Recently, I have decided to become more serious about the idea of blogging content that's positive and inspirational. I thought about making my own site-- even going as far as registering a domain-- but creating the template and actually making the site was holding me back from what I really wanted to create: content.

When I typed "spyra.blogspot.com" into my browser, I wasn't really sure what I would find. Upon second glance, I recognized that the foreign writing before me was actually a glimpse of myself from 2001. How things have changed since! (But at least "spyra" wasn't registered to someone else!)

It's interesting to reflect on what changes have occurred in the past 7 or 8 years. Aside from the obvious (graduating high school, graduating college), my personality has changed tremendously. I am more mature (as expected), and have become more aware of myself and my own being. Even though I've blogged quite a bit in the past, I have come to know that present knowledge is no indication of what future content will be like.

I have come to know myself as creative person who likes to be educated, entertained, and inspired.

Blogging has helped me along the path to self-discovery, and I will continue using this medium for that purpose.

No comments: